[mythtv-users] New Smart TV sees MythTV recordings, but also lists deleted files.

Tom Harris thom.j.harris at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 01:01:46 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
wrote:

> On 09/17/2015 06:39 PM, Tom Harris wrote:
>
>> After using a projector with no network features for many years, I
>> recently moved to a Sony 4K TV.   It's got all kinds of network features,
>> apps, etc.   One of which is connecting to home media servers.
>>
>> It finds both my MythTV backend and my HDHomeRun Prime and can stream
>> from both, which was a pleasant surprise.   In the MythTV recordings
>> listing, it shows my current recordings, but it also lists many recordings
>> which are long since gone (maybe deleted, or maybe just orphaned recordings
>> lost on my last HDD failure).
>>
>> Do others see this?  Is there an easy fix?
>>

> UPnP should not show any recordings in the Deleted recording group. IIRC,
> this was an issue when we first switched everyone to using the Deleted
> recordings group, but it was fixed shortly after.  Are you using current
> MythTV?

I'm using a pretty recent version.  I use the Ubuntu package, and probably
updated about a month ago.   --version gives "v0.27.4-53-g7962008"

But, I double-checked my recordings directory, andI only had undeleted
recordings (~6 recordings).    The UPnP listing had dozens, dating back
several months.   I think they are just orphaned recordings..  I just need
to clean them out.

Thanks for the responses..