[mythtv-users] DVB delivery systems

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Sep 20 09:05:49 UTC 2015

On 19/09/15 22:45, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> A quick question about the coming 0.28.
>
> Will 0.28 support setting of delivery systems on DVB hardware that support this?
>
> I have a Terratec H7 and it have support for two deliver systems. DVB-T and
> DVB-C (ANNEX_A or ANNEX_C based on revision of hardware).
> Some kernel releases ago the infrastructure was added for choosing deliver
> systems and currently I have to hack my startup scripts to add usage of the
> dvb-fe-tool command to configure the card before using it in MythTV.

This is no different than many DVB cards or USB tuners. Most have the ability to
receive DVB-T or DVB-C, some even do DVB-S and/or DVB-T2 as well.

If the Linux driver conforms to the Video For Linux specs, then of course mythtv
will be able to use it.

As I recall (it's been a while since I last configured my tuners) the different
standards (T vs. C) are exposed as different device nodes, but don't quote me on
that.

--

Mike Perkins