[mythtv-users] MythTV with HDHR Prime and Direct TV

John Moore (Insight Global) v-johmo at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 18 15:16:05 UTC 2015

Hmm, wander if it's time to consider a Apple OS MythTV server now?  The last time I tried that install I failed miserably.

Could I get around the HD-PVR driver situation with a Front-end server connected to that and leave my master backend alone?  I could run a Windows or Apple frontend connected to the HD-PVR and leave my current MythTV alone and configure it from standalone to backend.

Or just blow away my backend and rebuild under a supported OS.  :-(

John