[mythtv-users] Custom Recording

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 17 15:39:02 UTC 2015

On 09/17/2015 11:31 AM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> On Thursday, September 17, 2015 10:52:55 AM Robert Dege wrote:
>> I'm trying to create a custom recording so that mythtv will record my
>> favorite football team for the 2015 season.  However, I think I'm running
>> into problems.
>>
>> Doing an advanced search, I discovered that the term 'NFL Football' is
>> identified as a title, whereas the team's name is listed as a subtitle.
>>
>> When I create a custom recording schedule, I am unable to use any obvious
>> combination of terms to limit the recording to 'NFL Football' and 'Team',
>> whether it's a title search or keyword search.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
> For my local NHL team I just do a keyword search: "Edmonton Oilers".
>
> What NFL team would have a name that would show up in anything but the title of a game broadcast?

The difference is that his approach (when used with the true
Custom/Power Recording Rule) would only record games featuring his
team.  Your approach would record The Tonight Show with "Guest Mark
Letestu of the Edmonton Oilers", or similar, when the team name appears
somewhere.  Both approaches are valid--and yours may actually be
preferred, depending on whether you're a fan of the team/players or a
fan of the games.

Mike