[mythtv-users] Database issue? Recordings not showing up in frontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 15 01:46:13 UTC 2015

On 09/14/2015 07:54 PM, Roger Siddons wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 23:24:22 +0100, Paul Stillwell wrote:
>

>     As you can see from the dates they were all recorded before 9/11
>     when I messed something up. I’m unclear what ‘deletepending’ means
>     though. I am suspecting that it is the problem because recordings
>     made after I messed things up have ‘deletepending’ set to 0 (and
>     all the recordings that were made after I messed things up are
>     showing up fine in the front end). Maybe there is some other
>     fields that are messed up also? Is there some way to set
>     ‘deletepending’ to 0 and see if everything shows up again or
>     should I check some other fields too?
>
> IIUC it means find_orphans instructed the BE to delete them but for
> some reason the BE never completed the task and now they're stuck in
> limbo.

> <http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/573751?search_string=Recordings%20marked%20with%20%26quot%3Bdeletepending%26quot%3B;#573751>
>
> Your call! Maybe back up first ? Or wait for knowledgeable opinions...

No, a deletepending value that's not 0 and not 1 means that you have
corrupt database data--your MySQL data file was corrupted and though
MySQL may have been able to "repair" the database, the data itself was
corrupted.  MythTV only ever sets the value to 0 or 1 and any other
value is invalid according to MythTV data requirements, and (as
described by the schema definition) since it's a tinyint(1) field, any
value other than 0-9 is invalid according to the database itself.

If you do change the value back to a legal value (0), make sure you shut
down /everything/ that touches the mythconverg database first--all 3rd
party applications, all frontends, all backends.  Not doing so can do
some very bad things.

Mike