[mythtv-users] Myth+HDHR Prime+charter=only file size 'B"

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 18:39:03 UTC 2015

Hoi Daryl,

> On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
>> wrote:

>> On 12/09/15 13:06, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:

>>> I have not looked at the code in that area recently, but I suspect
>>> that you have not written and submitted the patch to detect
>>> a) whether the device is a Prime, and (b) whether the device
>>> has a validated CableCARD(*)(**).  I also suspect that such
>>> a patch would be welcomed(*).  There is always room for
>>> improvement.
>>>
>>> (*) Well, the plan is to move to a web based setup, so patches
>>> to the existing capture device setup would likely have a "short"
>>> lifetime, but then again, "short" might be quite some time.
>>>
>>> (**) Bonus points for detecting that a CableCARD is inserted,
>>> but not yet validated, issuing a warning to the user (only a
>>> warning, since a few MSOs do not require validation).
>>>

>> :)
>>
>> This is only academic to me as I'd have no means to test the code out,
>> being UK based.
>>
>> Of course, we have our own problems, as my other post indicates.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mike Perkins
>>

>> Just out of curiosity, I wonder what would happen if you now "delete all
> tuners on host" , already being limited to 1 and then set it up, probably
> deleting resets to 2?

I guess that you mean, if then virtual tuner count again will be 2?
The answer is yes.
And also about numbering. I you 'delete on all', numbering resets to
starting at 1. If you 'delete on this host only' numbering continues
where it stopped.
This is because in the first case the table is truncated, so it can be
sure no lower numbers exist. If you only delete part of the tuners any
of the lower number could still be in use. (unless you add a test, but
the number of available numbers is enumerable for the purpose, so
unneeded))

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven