[mythtv-users] Database issue? Recordings not showing up in frontend

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 18:46:48 UTC 2015

> Here is where things went wrong. I decided to run ‘find_orphans.py’ and
didn’t think to do a database backup first. I don’t back up the db very
often so I don’t have a recent backup. After running find_orphans.py I am
no longer able to see any of my recordings on the front end. If I use
mythweb then I can see them all. They still exist on the hard drives and
the fronted correctly reports the amount of space taken up by the
recordings. New recordings show up fine.

Have you checked on the frontend that you haven't accidentally got a group
filter on the recordings that might be making the recorded programs list
appear empty? I think you press menu key in recordings list and change
filter.