[mythtv-users] VCT_ID Change in Champaign, IL

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 12:05:06 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 4:40 AM, Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net> wrote:
> I haven't researched/sorted which one I should use yet.

None?

The VCT_IDs the system uses for their DTA mapping
should be transparent to your CableCARD.  I am not
sure what scan you used, but a HDHR Prime with
CableCARD does not need any regular channel scans,
and as I recall that location has Comcast, which means
there is no clear QAM (except for the barker ("you need
a box") and the emergency alert system channels).

Or maybe I am confused as to what provider you are
using or what tuner you are using.