[mythtv-users] MCE remote after 0.21 -> 0.27 upgrade

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Tue Sep 8 17:53:12 UTC 2015

On Monday, September 07, 2015 09:29:04 PM Alec Leamas wrote:

> You have read the guide, this is "Getting the key symbols using an LIRC
> driver." First step is disabling the devinput decoding, because in this
> context it's a problem:'
>
>     sudo echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols
>
> Check: If you push buttons on your remote, nothing should happen.
> Nothing at all, for any button.

Did this, correct. It's also possible to do this as

    ir-keytable -p LIRC

> Assuming this is OK, try to use mode2:
>
>    sudo mode2 --driver default --device /dev/lirc0
>
> (there is a single /dev/lirc0 device, right?). If you push buttons, what
> happens?

Ah, I get the expected pulse/space codes now.

I have gone back to the config guide, from the top, and I fail at

    $ irdb-get download devinput/devinput.lircd.conf
    $ sudo cp devinput/devinput.lircd.conf  /etc/lirc/lircd.conf.d
    $ lircd --device /dev/input/event13 --driver devinput
    $ irw

(I use event11) irw returns "^[[A" etc for arrow keys, and it seems whatever I've defined in /etc/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce that can be displayed (e.g., "p" for the Pause button). But NOT a list like

        $ irw
        000000037ff07bef 00 KEY_VOLUMEUP Acer_Aspire_6530G_MCE

Working down the page:

$ sudo mode2 --driver default --device /dev/lirc0

gives me the same characters as irw, NOT space/pulse lines.

Something, the kernel or X, is still getting in the way.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca