[mythtv-users] I think my HRHR Prime died...

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Sep 4 15:44:02 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> On 9/4/2015 6:23 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>>
>> MythTV has never really been about finding the most cost effective way
>> to watch TV.  Some people like hacking hardware like this for fun.
>>

> Not entirely true. I save money not having an STB and being able to record
> six shows would be prohibitive going the Comcast route.

I was responding to Daryl's message where he appeared to be valuing
"time and effort" at typical professional computer administrator wage
rates.  If you do that, Comcast's route will likely be far cheaper
than rolling your own with MythTV.

My wife knits.  Sweaters, scarves, socks, etc.  She gets what she
wants out of it, but it's not a cost effective way to produce clothing
if she had to pay herself wages.  I maintain our MythTV box for
similar reasons.

Eric