[mythtv-users] mythutil --scanvideos picking up other things

Jason Hamilton jason.hamilton at thefuzz4.net
Fri Sep 4 15:08:08 UTC 2015

Hey Everyone,

So I just discovered the mythutil command the other day and some of the fun
things you can do with it.  For instance I setup a cron on one of my
frontends to every hour go scan my video library for updates.  While this
is working fantastic its being a little too happy with importing things.
For example my video library is also the same library that I use for other
systems as well that auto download the meta data and art and stick it in
the folder.  Now when I was using the front end menu to scan for changes it
was just importing video files.  With the mythutil its importing everything
that is inside of the folder that the video file is residing in i.e.
pictures and crap.  Is there an argument that I need to give scanvideos to
only import video files?  Thank you in advance for your help with this.

--
Jason