[mythtv-users] I think my HRHR Prime died...

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 14:54:41 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 9:09 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:39 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I tried checking the power under load gently with my sharp tipped probes
> of
> > my multimeter. 5.17V,
>
> But how much current can you draw?  Were you getting at least 2 amps?

It would be nice to have a way to test that, but in the end, does it
matter? the HDHR was seeing 5.17V which is well within spec so there is no
reason for the ethernet chip to not be working if it was purely a voltage
issue. I would assume it's the tuner and/or decoder chip that consumes the
most power.

Thanks,
Richard