[mythtv-users] USB IR Receivers

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Sep 2 22:23:46 UTC 2015

On 9/2/2015 1:06 PM, Tom Bishop wrote:

> It appears that you really like fedora, I still think it would be
> worthwhile to see if it works out of the box on another distro.
> mythbuntu etc. Install it on a USB drive and see if it works in that
> environment, might shed some light on why its not working with your
> combination of LIVA and fedora combination.  I have used that remove
> and receiver combination running the latest versions of openelec and
> it worked out of the box, nothing else required to make it work.  I
> know you are wanting to run a myth frontend hence why I was suggesting
> a different distro flavor that would allow you maybe to roll back to
> an older kernel etc.

Yes. We use CentOS on all our business machines. And the skills and
nuances involved translate directly. I just don't want to make this any
more difficult than I need to. I was unhappy enough that both CentOS 6
and 7 wouldn't recognize the eMMC memory on the Livas.

I did hear you. And when I'm willing to spend the time reinstalling and
learning all the ins and outs of another distro, I'll give it a shot.
For now, Red Hat derivatives art are what I know and what I'm
comfortable with.