[mythtv-users] Motorola DCX3200-M

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Sep 1 17:30:07 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
> However, Shaw is also offering a "HD Box" (their words) that, after a couple calls to verify, I won't have to add some new plan and that the box could replace the DCT-700 - I'd get the digital SD I'd get with the DCT, and "HD Basic". It's a Motorola DCX3200-M single-tuner HD box for $138 that will get a dozen or so HD channels from the plan that I'm paying for already.
>
> There's not a lot of current info from Google about these boxes and Myth. Apparently it's workable, at least a couple years ago. Anyone using this box?  Do I need a capture card for it? Can be used in Fedora 22? IR-blaster-able?
>
> https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-1281

You're putting the cart before the horse.  The question shouldn't be
"How do I record from a Motorola DCX3200-M?", it should be "How do I
best record HD from Shaw Cable in Canada?"   To answer that question,
you need to know whether or not the channels are encrypted and how the
copy control information flags are set on the channels you care about.

Eric