[mythtv-users] USB IR Receivers

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Tue Sep 1 04:05:35 UTC 2015

On 8/31/2015 1:22 PM, Alec Leamas wrote:

> Yes, and if you don't want to use this like a keyboard you need to
> somehow unbind the hid-generic driver (i. e., hidusb) before you can
> load mceusb instead. I've posted two messages how this could be done,
> just a reminder [1]
>

> Cheers!
>
> --alec
>
> [1]
> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2015-August/380885.html

I apologize if I missed your previous message. I think I needed to go
through this process to understand what you were saying.

So following [4] I can unbind the usb-hid driver. If I load mceusb, I
now have  /sys/bus/usb/drivers/mceusb as a place to bind the device to.
But I'm having trouble figuring that out. It seems like the device
string changes after unbinding. I can see the receiver under ls
/sys/bus/usb/devices/ but can't figure out what string to use to refer
to it.

udevadm info -a /sys/bus/usb/devices/whatever shows a whole bunch of
devices and not just the receiver.