[mythtv-users] HDPVR Not recording after upgrade to ubuntu 15.10

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Oct 29 12:55:44 UTC 2015

On 10/29/15 2:07 AM, Oz Dror wrote:
> After the upgrade to ubuntu 15.04 I am getting 0 byte recordings from
> the HDPVR.
>

> When I do cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test
> I am getting a correct recording in the file /tmp/test.
>
> It is clearly somthing in the new upgrade.
>
> I have also upgraded to mythtv 0.27.5+fixes
>

> When I try to view live I get the following error message "Error
> opening jump program file buffer"
>
> This issue is unique to HDPVR, My ther tunes do not have any issues.
I've run into something similar, and it had to do with audio.
Apparently, if it's misconfigured, the device doesn't send any output at
all. I found that this helped (in rc.local):

   /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --device /dev/video0 --set-ctrl=audio_encoding=4

Also, in mythtv-setup, go in and reselect the appropriate audio input
method. Changing OS versions can mean subtle changes in the notation of
the input ports, so Myth might be trying to use the wrong input. Even if
you had a working value before, it might have changed.