[mythtv-users] remote display from frontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 28 11:09:35 UTC 2015

On 10/27/2015 04:46 PM, Ross Boylan wrote:
> On the resizing issue, what I was thinking of was being able to grab
> and resize the window myth is displaying in. Does "Use GUI size for
> playback" do that?

No, the (experimental) setting:

Use fixed window size
If disabled, the video playback window can be resized

is meant to allow a more desktop-like experience, rather than the
default appliance-like experience.  Note, however, that it has been
broken at times.

You may also need to set:

Use window border
Toggles between windowed and borderless operation.

to be able to resize the window, depending on your choice of window
manager (among other things). Both settings are in Appearance
settings--and check out others in that area, as you may or may not be
interested in changing them to achieve your desired desktop-like experience.

Mike