[mythtv-users] remote display from frontend

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Oct 27 17:28:50 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
 > If you really want command-line changes to your settings, you'd actually be
> better off using the services API to change the setting then start
> mythfrontend.

In what way would I be better off?  It appears to be working perfectly
for me for the last 10 years, and is far far simpler (and thus I
consider it to be much more reliable).

> Overrides are not meant to be used during normal usage.  They're meant to
> override broken settings to allow you to get into settings and fix your
> system.

Your point of view.

The entire concept that this should be a database setting is broken.
It should be a per-window property.

Eric