[mythtv-users] remote display from frontend

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Oct 27 13:55:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Ross Boylan
<rossboylan at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
> The sound is configured for PulseAudio in the VM; PulseAudio
> is running on the host as well.

I usually try to avoid Pulse Audio as much as possible.

> It would also be nice if I could dynamically resize the virtual screen; I
> don't know if myth would be any happier with me resizing the window in a
> real machine.

The frontend doesn't support dynamic resizing.  It would be nice if it
did, but it doesn't.  I have a menu defined in my window manager that
can launch the frontend in a variety of different sizes, but switching
sizes always involves killing it and restarting.

Eric