[mythtv-users] Copy frontend settings to new frontend keeping both

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Mon Oct 26 19:34:48 UTC 2015

On Monday, October 26, 2015 11:42:32 AM Mike Rice wrote:

> Is there any way to determine which settings have been changed from the
> default?
>
> I'd rather not insert into the database as suggested but maybe I can just
> run a query to show the differences between the old frontend settings and
> new frontend settings. Then I could make the actual changes in the normal
> manner.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Settings_table lists the field names for settings  and "typical" (default?) data. Could be picked out of an ungzipped backup. You'd have to map those to UI items.

A hack-y way would be to capture the Setup screens you most-likely fiddled on your old FE with

wget http://FE_IP_Address:6547/MythFE/GetScreenShot -O ScreenNameXX.jpg

and then compare to adjust your new FE.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca