[mythtv-users] The future of Mythbuntu ISOs

Stephen Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 15:06:20 UTC 2015

As a LiveCD distro is read-only, no myth database can store new entries.
Hence, a hell of a lot of your argument fails.
Those who use Kodi and OpenElec boxes tend to be more casual users, as
I've tried both and settled upon Myth for its capabilities being more
inline with my preferred uses, it's a semi-power user vs casual end
user condition.
As I am indeed a power user, but still interact with all levels of the
spectrum, I'll stick with MythTV over the lesser contenders, as this
works better for my specific needs and even my computer illiterate
wife manages to use it more easily.

Besides, an ISO only exists these days in order to write it to flash
and load an OS.