[mythtv-users] The future of Mythbuntu ISOs

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Fri Oct 23 12:12:48 UTC 2015

---- On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 12:49:15 +0100 David Whyte  wrote ----
>Just to clarify.  What you are saying is that folks will install a bare-minimum ubuntu server install (from an ISO if required) and then you do an apt-get install some-mythbuntu-package to install all of the dependencies including the window manage etc, etc.
>
>So, not as easy as a ISO but still pretty easy.  And you still get a fairly bare (unbloated) ubuntu install.  And you aren't actually going anywhere!
>

>Right?

that would be my preference actually. i dont have feelings either way on mythbuntu iso; i have an apt-get command ready to go for new FE's anyway so adding on 'mythbuntu-fe' or whatever wont be a problem at all.

i haven't seen it mentioned yet, so i will.... what about the liveCD option of mythbuntu iso? i personally have not used it so unaffected, but could this cause a problem for some?

again, for my usage, im in favor of just adding a repo/package from main ubuntu repos to a vanilla install of *buntu (Xubuntu (XFCE), or Lubuntu (LXDE) for speed?)