[mythtv-users] The future of Mythbuntu ISOs

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 09:37:30 UTC 2015

> In my opinion, as long that a "simple apt-get install
> everything-needed-for-mythbuntu" can be done with one or two commands, and
> if the steps to do so are well described, those interested in a Linux based
> PVR shouldn't have more troubles than now.

I think Mythbuntu has provided more than just a set of packages. It has its
own software (eg Mythbuntu Control Centre) and a fantastic set of defaults
and installation scripts that have made Mythbuntu one of the easiest
flavours of MythTV to set up and maintain. Well done and thank you to
everyone involved. I'll be very, very sad to you see you go.