[mythtv-users] Trying To Get Two IR Receivers Working

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Oct 21 18:30:39 UTC 2015

On 10/19/2015 1:02 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> Hi Kirk,
>
> If you want context, look at this archived thread:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?do=post_view_flat;post=587593;page=1;mh=-1;list=mythtv;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC
>
> in which I went through similar frustration as you that was related to
> the USB 2.0/3.0 issue.  It's a long thread and there are a lot of dead
> ends, so look in particular for the last reply from Nick Morrott which
> points to a discussion of the kernel patch.
>
> If you want to go straight to the patch discussion:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2203116.
>
> -Jerry

Many thanks for these links Jerry.

I just don't know if this is my problem. These posts are quite old and
refer to the 3.6 kernel. I'm working with Fedora 22 and the 4.1 kernel.
If these are important patches wouldn't they have been worked in already?

I'm disheartened that the experts here weren't able to help me.
*Especially* with the older receiver that *was* working with CentOS. So
yeah, some fundamental problem here: xhci, ECS Liva, the Feng Shui in my
office? Most frustrating.

When I get time, I think I'll try Fedora 23 Beta and see what happens. I
think I saw a post elsewhere that Alec was pushing lirc 0.9.3 into
Fedora 23.