[mythtv-users] Can't connect to backend after upgrading from Fedora 20 to Fedora 21

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Oct 21 17:04:15 UTC 2015

On 10/21/2015 9:15 AM, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I did an upgrade of my system last night using FedUp to upgrade from
> Fedora 20 to Fedora 21.  I have run into a few issues, most non-myth
> related, but I think if I can resolve the myth issue, I can resolve
> the other issues similarly.
>
> After the upgrade, my mythfrontend can no longer connect to the
> backend (on a combined MFE/BE system).  Additionally, I can't ssh or
> http into the system from another computer inside the same network.
>
> The mythbackend, sshd, and httpd services are running.  I can lynx to
> localhost and get the test screen.
>
> I assumed that the problem was either a firewall was setup or selinux
> turned on or some settings changed.  But I checked and firewalld is
> not running, and when I run getenforce, the command returns Disabled.
>
> I am going to dig into this later tonight, but any other ideas that
> could be causing the issues?

Checking my one Fedora 21 host, sshd is enabled and started, right?

$ systemctl status sshd
â sshd.service - OpenSSH server daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/sshd.service; enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Fri 2015-09-18 07:53:47 PDT; 1 months
2 days ago
      Docs: man:sshd(8)
            man:sshd_config(5)
  Main PID: 704 (sshd)
    CGroup: /system.slice/sshd.service
            ââ704 /usr/sbin/sshd -D

I don't have apache installed since this one is frontend only. I
disabled firewalld too since this is sitting on my LAN:

$ systemctl status firewalld
â firewalld.service - firewalld - dynamic firewall daemon
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/firewalld.service; disabled)
    Active: inactive (dead)

I leave selinux enabled as a matter of policy (get it?) on all my
systems. I refuse to give in to the fools who say "oh just disable selinux!"