[mythtv-users] Can't connect to backend after upgrading from Fedora 20 to Fedora 21

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 16:15:30 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I did an upgrade of my system last night using FedUp to upgrade from Fedora
20 to Fedora 21.  I have run into a few issues, most non-myth related, but
I think if I can resolve the myth issue, I can resolve the other issues
similarly.

After the upgrade, my mythfrontend can no longer connect to the backend (on
a combined MFE/BE system).  Additionally, I can't ssh or http into the
system from another computer inside the same network.

The mythbackend, sshd, and httpd services are running.  I can lynx to
localhost and get the test screen.

I assumed that the problem was either a firewall was setup or selinux
turned on or some settings changed.  But I checked and firewalld is not
running, and when I run getenforce, the command returns Disabled.

I am going to dig into this later tonight, but any other ideas that could
be causing the issues?