[mythtv-users] Move from Ubuntu to Centos

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 20 23:54:30 UTC 2015

From: jason.hamilton at thefuzz4.net
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 10:59:06 -0600
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] Move from Ubuntu to Centos

So I'm wanting to move my master backend from Ubuntu to CentOS.  I have the new CentOS VM built and ready to rock and roll.  Is there any known issues with HDHR Prime tuners and CentOS?  I read some forums that were 50/50 and no real definitive answer.  Yes I am wanting to move to a VM why because the dells that run my esxi servers at the house are more than beefy enough to handle this :) and thats also where my slaves currently reside.  Thank you all in advance for your input on this.
--
Jason

I am pretty much doing the exact same thing right now. However I am using DVB-T via USB not HDHR Prime.

So far the core build has worked well for me. I compiled MythTV from source and mostly used the Nux-desktop repo for dependencies. But I am battling a number of side issues, to early to post about them yet. At the moment my issues are grouped around transcoding and the EPG (I am testing an EPG change from IceTV to Shepherd).

[mythtv at mythbackend]$ yum repolist
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
 * base: mirror.colocity.com
 * epel: mirror.rackcentral.com.au
 * extras: mirror.colocity.com
 * nux-dextop: li.nux.ro
 * rpmforge: mirror.as24220.net
 * updates: ftp.swin.edu.au
repo id               repo name                                           status
base/7/x86_64         CentOS-7 - Base                                     8,652
epel/x86_64           Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64      8,653
extras/7/x86_64       CentOS-7 - Extras                                     215
nux-dextop/x86_64     Nux.Ro RPMs for general desktop use                 2,251
rpmforge              RHEL 7 - RPMforge.net - dag                           245
updates/7/x86_64      CentOS-7 - Updates                                  1,505