[mythtv-users] Move from Ubuntu to Centos

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Tue Oct 20 17:54:38 UTC 2015

On 10/20/2015 10:10 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> On 10/20/2015 9:59 AM, Jason Hamilton wrote:
>> So I'm wanting to move my master backend from Ubuntu to CentOS.  I
>> have the new CentOS VM built and ready to rock and roll.  Is there
>> any known issues with HDHR Prime tuners and CentOS?  I read some
>> forums that were 50/50 and no real definitive answer.  Yes I am
>> wanting to move to a VM why because the dells that run my esxi
>> servers at the house are more than beefy enough to handle this :) and
>> thats also where my slaves currently reside.  Thank you all in
>> advance for your input on this.
>
> I am running my backend on CentOS 6 with HDHR Prime tuners. No
> problems. Other than the looming Copy Once problem creeping through
> the system.

Oh yeah, packages from here:

http://scrpms.net/pub/

Stephen Collier has a web page for the repo somewhere. I can never
remember where. But look in the html file list. There is an scrpms-repo
package to setup the repo for Yum.

I believe he still requires some packages from the old ATrpms. He said
he was working on removing those dependencies.