[mythtv-users] Trying To Get Two IR Receivers Working

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Oct 19 16:44:39 UTC 2015

On 10/17/2015 7:05 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> On 10/15/2015 4:24 PM, Roger Heflin wrote:
>> If this is a usb device on liva using the 3.0 driver it has a defect
>> with low speed devices that causes the low speed devices stuff to be
>> corrupted.  All of the liva ports on mine are managed by the 3.0
>> driver so as others have said there is no real 2.0 port.
>>
>> Without the kernel patch that fixes it you will not be able to get the
>> same data from a given press twice (well...if you try for long enough
>> it may happen but...).
>>
>> I originally did the kernel patch on 3.6.16 and someone later repeated
>> the same patch on a much much newer kernel and it still fixed his
>> problem also.
>>
>> And the topseed is the exact one I have that is known to be a low
>> speed device.
>>

> Roger, are you able to give me more info on this patch? Does anyone
> know if it's already included in the 4.1 kernel?

Hmm, no one seems to recall this patch.

Since the experts like Alec seem to be stumped on both my receivers, I'm
going to trod down the path that my problems are USB related
(specifically xhci):

[  267.353431] usb 1-2: new full-speed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd

I am now thinking about either downgrading to Fedora 21 because I've got
another ECS Liva that has LIRC working, albeit with different hardware.
Or upgrading to Fedora 23 Beta.

Anybody know what the recent kernel history vis-a-vis USB 3 has been?

Anybody playing with Fedora 23 Beta yet?