[mythtv-users] 0.21 to 0.27: Channel Icons missing

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 05:40:42 UTC 2015

On 10/16/2015 11:54 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Bill,
>
> Saturday, October 17, 2015, 6:12:26 AM, you wrote:
>> https://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmythbase/storagegroup.cpp?h=fixes/0.27#n68
>> Unless the directories don't exist and can't be created,
>> there's no logging available.
> I haven't noticed problems, but I also haven't tried it all out.
> If I check I don't see any SG ChannelIcons or alike.
> My database comes from 0.26 and is now 0.27.5.
> Could it be that on a new system the SG is automatically created but
> not while upgrading?

The SG is created automatically, but not in the DB (unless
someone chooses to create one there.) See the link above.
The built-in directories are also created automatically if
they don't exist.

Expect to see the directory in ~mythtv/.mythtv, which could be
changed by running the backend as another user, resetting HOME
or setting MYTHCONFDIR.

--
Bill