[mythtv-users] Trying To Get Two IR Receivers Working

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 13:54:02 UTC 2015

On 15/10/15 15:26, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> On 10/14/2015 9:03 PM, Alec Leamas wrote:
>>

>> On 15/10/15 05:29, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>>> Yes put how about the /dev/input/event9 node?
>>> If I check on my machine:
>>> crw-r----- 1 root root
>>>
>>> So no access by any other then root!
>>>
>> Somewhat OT, but but both  modern Fedora (22) and Debian (jessie) uses
>> this kind of perms:
>>
>> crw-rw----. 1 root input event1
>>
>> Without checking I'd assume it's defined by the kernel. Fedora
>> packaging adds the input group to the lirc user (which runs lircd).
>>

> $cat /dev/input/event9
>
> And nothing.
>
> So, is the remote I'm using mismatched to this receiver? It's programmed
> as an RC-5 MCE IR remote.
>
> But I did *once* get output when I had patched mceusb.ko for this
> device. I *once* got output from ir-keytable before the kernel crashed.
> So I think this receiver can work.

At this point you are down to debugging the kernel. Basically, this is
above my pay grade. sorry. Obviously, a first step would be to find out
which module which is actually loaded behind the hid-generic facade;
there seems to quite a large number of hid-* modules. lsmod should show
it, I guess. But that would probably just be the start of a long and
complicated journey (?)

OTOH, the problem is confined to the kernel. Perhaps you could get some
help on a kernel list or so, dunno.

Cheers!

--alec