[mythtv-users] Trying To Get Two IR Receivers Working

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Oct 15 13:26:54 UTC 2015

On 10/14/2015 9:03 PM, Alec Leamas wrote:

> On 15/10/15 05:29, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Yes put how about the /dev/input/event9 node?
>> If I check on my machine:
>> crw-r----- 1 root root
>>
>> So no access by any other then root!
>>
> Somewhat OT, but but both  modern Fedora (22) and Debian (jessie) uses
> this kind of perms:
>
> crw-rw----. 1 root input event1
>
> Without checking I'd assume it's defined by the kernel. Fedora
> packaging adds the input group to the lirc user (which runs lircd).

$cat /dev/input/event9

And nothing.

So, is the remote I'm using mismatched to this receiver? It's programmed
as an RC-5 MCE IR remote.

But I did *once* get output when I had patched mceusb.ko for this
device. I *once* got output from ir-keytable before the kernel crashed.
So I think this receiver can work.