[mythtv-users] Trying To Get Two IR Receivers Working

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Oct 14 16:55:07 UTC 2015

On 10/14/2015 9:32 AM, Alec Leamas wrote:
> The devinput LIRC driver does exactly this - acts as a bridge between
> the kernel decoding and the LIRC application interface. You feed the
> event device as the --device option to devinput, starts lircd and then
> uses irw. This is what's described in [2]

Ah, I did not change the "device=" setting in lirc_options.conf. I think
I thought it was saying what the device line the driver *created* at
startup. My bad.

> You can use udev rules to handle that the event device is not fixed as
> Karl described. However, it's not really necessary, see [1]

That's right. You told me about that before. I got sidetracked onto
other things. This device has a nice unique name so that:

device = name='*Spinel*'

Should work. Is it case sensitive?