[mythtv-users] Odd behaviour after recording failed

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Oct 13 11:30:31 UTC 2015

On 13/10/15 11:44, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/10/2015 12:04 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> And recently I've had occasional recordings marked as failed that have
>> been recoverable;  I haven't found a way of telling 'Previously
>> Recorded' about that, so they are quite likely to be re-scheduled.
>
> In Previously Recorded, select "Never record this episode" from the menu
> (that would be the shortcut menu you get when you SELECT the item, not
> the screen-related-options menu you get with MENU).
>
> Mike

OK, thanks, Mike.  That, and your other adjacent comments, looks good.

What I was really after, although it doesn't look like that here, was a
way of stopping the recovered 'failed' recording being automatically
disappeared from 'Previously Recorded', so that *I* shall know, at some
future time, that I have (or had) what seemed to be an acceptable version.

Since your suggestion implies that the recording will remain in the DB,
perhaps it does that.

By 'recoverable' I mean that it appears, usually from the log of my
cutting script, that the 'failure' wasn't too bad; perhaps a delay in
getting lock, or a discontinuity in timestamps.  The 'failure' criteria
are good but maybe sometimes unnecessarily strict.  Hindsight helps.

John