[mythtv-users] Arris DCX3200M-P3 and firewire on Shaw

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Oct 13 02:39:40 UTC 2015

On Oct 12, 2015 5:02 PM, "Eric Sharkey" <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca>
wrote:
> > On Monday, October 12, 2015 11:31:40 AM Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> >>
> >> I was quite surprised to see all the ports enabled in the diagnostics.
> >
> > And also surprised that I can watch any channel I'm supposed to get
over HDMI to a monitor. Monitors don't do HDCP do they?

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmisc/vac/us/product_pdfs/LP2475w_datasheet_102909.pdf

> This one apparently can.

I would be surprised if you could find a monitor manufactured in the last
few years that has an HDMI port but that won't do HDCP.  The manufacturers
are all HDMI licensees already and there is almost no incremental costs in
using HDCP capable receiver chips other than the key management (which
nowadays is typically avoided by having the chip vendor pre-burn the keys
prior to PCB assembly).  And of course this lets them sell displays that
support the protected path under Windows.

Devin