[mythtv-users] Arris DCX3200M-P3 and firewire on Shaw

glen glenb at glenb.us
Mon Oct 12 17:14:52 UTC 2015

geary mail - arch linux

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca>
> wrote:
>>  The Arris DCX3200M-P3 I got from Shaw seems to have its firewire
>> ports enabled, from the box's diagnostics, and the fact that I can
>> use the 6200ch channel-changer (with mods) and test-mpeg2 captures
>> content.
>>
>>  Is this enough of a test to suggest Myth can record from this box
>> over firewire?
>
> Maybe.  Reports vary widely regarding Shaw (and they seem to
> "randomly" change the configs from time to time), but you may
> want to check if the channels you want to actually record have
> the 5C flag set, which would prevent them being recorded via
> firewire and MythTV.  You can check in the diagnostic pages of
> the STB for the current channel as I recall.
>
> And last I remember seeing it reported Shaw does not support
> the firewire port, so if it stops working, no one (at Shaw) will
> care or help or replace the device.

i have a similar box : vendor_id = 0x006455b1 model_id = 0x00002322

i have time warner in los angeles and there are only a few stations
open, but oddly some of the premiums are open here. i have some odd
issues with the firewire, i did not recompile the firewire.cpp with the
correct device id's. i also have my backend set to sleep when not in
use.

when my device wakes up, i have a prime script in place to reset the
firewire. when it wakes up often it moves the node of the firewire
which i compensate by using guid only in the scripts. however once it
wakes up even after a successful prime operation, ti will not record
unless the backend is restarted. other than that it does work on
channels that are open.