[mythtv-users] Tivo has Commercial Skip in US

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Oct 12 16:49:03 UTC 2015

On 10/12/2015 9:33 AM, John Marshall wrote:
>> Honestly, the auto commerical marking in Myth works very poorly on all
>> but a few programs on US cable.
>
> Which channels?  It works nearly perfectly for me on almost everything
> I record, though I think some of the kids' shows on Disney aren't as
> accurate.  Baseball, sitcoms, Walking Dead, etc, are all handled very
> well.

It's hit or miss for me. "Dark" shows will be misconstrued as commercial
breaks. The intentional continuous "slides" into commercial breaks will
of course be missed. Nothing you can do about that. When a show is
unsuitable for automatic commercial detection, I turn it off and
manually forward through them. I'm happy.