[mythtv-users] Odd behaviour after recording failed

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Oct 10 16:04:07 UTC 2015

On 10/10/15 16:36, Tom Dexter wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 04:27:22 +0100, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>
>> I raised https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12281 on 0.28, which sounds
>> very similar, so it's interesting that you've seen it on 0.27.
>>

>> Could you add the relevant part of your backend log and a link to this
>> archived thread to that ticket? I keep meaning to look at it again.
>>

> Just added the part of my backend log during the failure, delete and
> restart attempt to that bug.  Thanks for pointing that one out.
>
> Not sure if it'll help being just a general verbosity log.  It really
> does seem to me that something around the handling of this got broken
> recently though.
>
> Thanks again.
> Tom

ISTR that when I have stopped a recording, or it has been 'failed', it
will restart if I delete it from 'Previously Recorded'.

And recently I've had occasional recordings marked as failed that have
been recoverable;  I haven't found a way of telling 'Previously
Recorded' about that, so they are quite likely to be re-scheduled.

Various versions of 0.28-pre

John P