[mythtv-users] Odd behaviour after recording failed

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Fri Oct 9 19:59:22 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-10-08 at 23:27 -0400, Tom Dexter wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Michael T Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> > On 10/8/2015 9:40 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> >>

> >> Now the upcoming records says it's recording on tuner 3, and the
> >> listings show that it's recording, but it really isn't.  The recoded
> >> programs doesn't show it at all, and tuner status shows nothing
> >> recording on tuner 3.  In fact, I can go into live TV and use that
> >> tuner.
> >>
> >> Digging a little deeper, I verified that no recording file is being
> >> created.  It appears that, possibly because of the delete (which I'm
> >> fairly sure I've done in the past) the record for that isn't in the
> >> recorded table either.
> >
> > If you change the Recording Group to Deleted, do you see it?  If so, delete
> > it from there.  If not, restart your master backend.
> >
> > Mike
>
> Thanks for that second suggestion there!  Once I had a break where
> nothing was recording I restarted the backend and that "stuck"
> recording status in the schedule went away.  Thanks!
>
> It still seems to me as though something changed in the handling of
> failed recordings in this release, after having it do odd stuff on
> both occasions where it's happened to me since upgrading.  Is anyone
> aware of anything related to that?
>
> Thanks again!
> Tom

I rarely (never) have any tuner problems but have induced recording
status problems similar to your report.
Master has been doing something similar for at least 6 months.
Restarting the BE when there is a recording in progress causes the
recording not to be restarted but the FE status indicates it is
recording. You can't stop it or restart it. Previously mythtv handled
this scenario very well.

Scheduling a manual recording was only way to get an actual recording to
write a file to disk. Possibly LiveTV & hitting "r" could have worked.