[mythtv-users] Odd behaviour after recording failed

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 02:20:19 UTC 2015

n Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Michael T Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 10/8/2015 9:40 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>
>> Wow...I'm running mythtv-0.27.5 on Gentoo and I just had something
>> happen that's never occurred for me before caused by a "recorder
>> failed" failure.
>>
>> On rare occasions I have recording fail, possibly reception issues
>> etc.  Actually the specific tuner card is my oldest one, and it might
>> be going.  In any case, this time, when I noticed that the recording
>> showed as 0 bytes (no file was recording) I deleted it.  After than I
>> went to the upcoming recordings screen which showed that the recorder
>> failed.  From there I did a "restart recording" or whatever the exact
>> prompt is.
>>
>> Now the upcoming records says it's recording on tuner 3, and the
>> listings show that it's recording, but it really isn't.  The recoded
>> programs doesn't show it at all, and tuner status shows nothing
>> recording on tuner 3.  In fact, I can go into live TV and use that
>> tuner.
>>
>> Digging a little deeper, I verified that no recording file is being
>> created.  It appears that, possibly because of the delete (which I'm
>> fairly sure I've done in the past) the record for that isn't in the
>> recorded table either.
>>
>> What the *hell* is that all about.  I've never had anything like that
>> occur.
>>

> If you change the Recording Group to Deleted, do you see it?  If so, delete
> it from there.  If not, restart your master backend.
>
> Mike

Nope, it's not in deleted either.

This actually got more screwed up than I thought.  Now there's no
trace of the recorded show, but the upcoming recordings as well as the
program guide show it perminently stuck in a state as though it's
"recording" even now, well past the end of the schedule.

Seriously screwed.

Tom