[mythtv-users] Running MythTV on CentOS

Larry Kennedy lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 00:33:27 UTC 2015

On Oct 7, 2015 9:26 AM, "Kirk Bocek" <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> On 10/6/2015 5:56 PM, Larry Kennedy wrote:
>>

>> Does anyone know if mythtv 0.26 is compatible with the qt48 library?
I'm still on mythtv 0.26, largely because the EL6 qt issue was a blocker
(at least up until scrpms provided the packages I need).  I've been
procrastinating on the 0.27 upgrade, but I'm starting to see compelling
reasons to make the move, including the latest Android client discussed on
this forum.

>> I have 3 FEs (two Livas running Mythbuntu 12 and one EL6 box) and 1 BE
(EL6), so my plan is to get all the dependencies in place FIRST (largely,
qt48, but also any nvidia and related kmdls/kernel upgrades), and then as a
last step, pull in the mythtv 0.27 rpms.

> I went through a great deal of suffering on my CentOS 6 systems before
figuring this out while upgrading from Myth 0.24 to 0.27.4. The SCrpms qt48
packages will co-exist with the system qt packages but they will *not*
coexist with the older ATrpms qt46 and qt47 packages. I tried to leave the
older packages installed so I could perform the Myth upgrade and then just
fire off the new Myth. Nope. You need to remove the older QT packages.

> It is confusing that the older and newer qt packages will install with
one another. However, you will receive namespace errors when running Myth
0.27.4.

I think you've confirmed that qt packages from scrpms cannot coexist with
those from atrpms.  Unfortunately,  I think we're still unsure about
whether myth 0.26 will work with qt48.