[mythtv-users] USB IR Receivers For LIRC

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Oct 7 20:21:19 UTC 2015

On 10/7/2015 12:52 PM, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> On 10/7/2015 12:25 PM, Tom Bongiorno wrote:
>>

>> Is your setup a standalone frontend configuration? Do you run
>> multiple applications? Do you use special button modes like long
>> button presses? Do you sleep you system from the remote?
>>

> Stand-alone. Every frontend I've configured has been a barebones X
> setup that just auto-logins to the mythtv user and runs mythfrontend.
> I do *want* to run ir-exec however. I bind a key to a script that
> kills X and thus restarts mythfrontend. I understand that a
> keyboard-driven device would forgo this capability.
>
> No sleep. I never even knew identifying long key presses was a
> possibility.

Got one answer so far from lirc-list for the StreamZap:

http://www.amazon.com/Streamzap-USBIR2-PC-Remote-Control/dp/B00008XETO/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444249086&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=streamzip+usbir2

and

https://github.com/graysky2/streamzap

The Amazon page has some specific user notes about MythTV from March
2014. Anyone here?