[mythtv-users] Upgrade fixes/27: MythUIWebBrowser has not yet been ported to Qt5

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Tue Oct 6 11:52:51 UTC 2015

On 05/10/15 20:38, Angela wrote:
> I found the culprit:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythplugins/README
> After running configure with whatever options you need, just:
>   qmake mythplugins.pro
>   make
>   make install
>
> Although configure picks up the correct qt4 make.
>         qmake          /usr/bin/qmake-qt4
>
>   qmake mythplugins.pro
> generates a Makefile with
> QMAKE         = /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qmake
>
> Changed into:
> qmake-qt4 mythplugins.pro
> generates a Makefile with
> QMAKE         = /usr/bin/qmake-qt4
>
> Compile went smooth after.

There is something we've never go to the bottom of, which
is when you switch Qt major versions, the Makefiles keep
using the old one.

I've found the easiest way to fix it is to delete all the
Makefiles and then do `git reset --hard`.

The other option is to build from a fresh clone of the repo

Regards
Stuart