[mythtv-users] Football and see schedule adjustments

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 20:52:06 UTC 2015

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 8:15 PM, jrh <jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:
> They could move them to the .2 channels (which sometimes happens for local sports).

The "alternative" channel (whether .2 or something else
does not matter) is not offered in all markets, but even
when available tends to have less bandwidth assigned
to it, so "someone" has to lose quality.  I think who
loses would be an interesting battle (played on a
regulation football field?).

It is also true that in some markets that if local sports
preempts a national broadcast that the national
broadcast is shown on a "sister" (wholly owned)
station in the market which does have the bandwidth
needed.  But again, each market is unique, so there
is no general solution which is likely to please
everyone.