[mythtv-users] system crash

David Williams mythtv_david at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 3 15:42:11 UTC 2015

 My system had ahiccup a while back and I thought I'd ask the group's advice.Immediately following a software update, which I noted included avideo driver, my system crashed. It would load through to accessingthe purple Ubuntu splash screen then flip over to for want of abetter description an emergency menu. After repeated iterations I wasunable to figure out how to access the system. I can't tell you why Ithought to take the next step but I did – I swapped the currentvideo card, a GeForce 730 for an old GeForce 7600 -- and it got mein. I went to Software & Updates > Additional Drivers where Iwas able to select a driver compatible with the 730. Generallyspeaking, I opt for the most recent proprietary, tested version.
Were this to reoccurhow else might I approach the problem?
The OS is Ubuntu14.04 and at the time Mythtv was 27.4 fixes.