[mythtv-users] iMon remote, some keys not working?

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 19:08:12 UTC 2015

On 01/10/15 18:40, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Tom,
>
> Thursday, October 1, 2015, 6:36:46 PM, you wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 5:20 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>

>> I was struggling to understand the relationship among all these layers and
>> to pull any debugging info at each point.  So, this really helps.
>

> As said I haven't tried it, but I assume it to work. The other way
> would be to use lirc and .lircrc as in the old way. e.g.
>
> begin
>        prog = mythtv
>        button = KEY_PAUSE
>        config = P
> end

With ir-keytable decoding all keys you should basically be able to do it
with or without LIRC. However, here is potential to run both tracks
simultaneously and that might certainly be a mess.

If you not use LIRC, just disable the comṕlete service so it doesn't
mess with anything. This means that  the application will receive events
from a /dev/input/eventXX interface without any lirc involvement.

If you want to use lirc, use the devinput driver and the same event
interface as device. This will make the button presses available on the
lircd socket (var/run/lirc/lircd?) where multiple applications can read
it and map it using ~/.lircrc. Applications (here multiple) must not
access the event interface, they should listen to the lircd socket.

Cheers!

--alec