[mythtv-users] tidying up old channels

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Oct 1 19:06:00 UTC 2015

[0.27.4, Shaw Cablesystems]

I need to do some Channels cleanup in anticipation of adding a STB to my PVR-500 setup. I've been using SchedulesDirect from way back and it's a gem.

Right now I have 1 channel lineup "Cable". Cable used to have channels 2-100 (simplified for my question). In July 2013 my provider moved channels 50-100 to digital, requiring an STB. I didn't want to disrupt my setup so I went to SD to strike-out the channels I wasn't getting anymore and those channels showed NO DATA in MythWeb and were ignored. Fine, I lived with the gaps. I still got the channels on the wire, I just didn't hook up a STB to capture them.

Scroll ahead to last week or so and once I verified the HD channels I would get would be worth getting an HD box, I went to SchedulesDirect and added a new lineup: "CableDigital" to handle what I'd get: channels 1-100 plus 30 HD channels and assorted others. I still hadn't got the box or told Myth about it or the new lineup.

Now, all the channels that were moved from Cable to CableDigital show up in my MythWeb listings and a couple of recording rule results. Even though all Myth knows is that mythfilldatabase can populate channels that used to be there. None of the new HD channels are listed, nor are ones that were added to the DigitalCable lineup since the 2013 switch.

So Myth thinks that I have my old setup of 2-100 again, except 50-100 will only be available to the STB using the CableDigital lineup.

So what if anything do I do to tidy this up before I add the STB and DigitalCable lineup? If I delete the extinct channels from Cable will I lose my recorded history? Will adding the new CableDigital lineup revive them and just continue on? I've been talking with Robert K about fixing that Cable lineup on SD - do I need to wait for that?

Mostly I see the way to do it but I don't want to lose my recorded history.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca