[mythtv-users] Pixelation Cause

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 01:20:39 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 12:58 AM, Michael Wisniewski <mikewiz38 at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's interesting, as I've been hearing some issues with power supplies
> lately and having the prime do weird things from it.

All the HDHRs (well, actually all electronics) do "weird" things
with bad power.  In the (g)olden days, the rule was always to check
the power, and then check it again, before moving on to further
diagnostics.  Since most people do not have the ability to properly
test the power supplies, it is often easiest to just swap a suitable
replacement in and see if the results change.  While all anecdotal,
the reports indicate that bad power with the HDHRs has resulted
in poor signal levels, signal quality issues, various network
problems, and random inability to (re)boot.