[mythtv-users] HD-PVR question about lights

David Caruso sloebin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 03:48:45 UTC 2015

On 11/22/2015 8:12 PM, Don Brett wrote:
> My Haupaugge HD-PVR box stopped working, so I bought one on ebay. The
> first thing I noticed was the front panel lights, it went straight to
> blue.
>
> On the old box, the yellow came on for a couple of seconds, then the
> blue light.  On this box...no yellow light, just the blue. Can someone
> confirm the sequence; is it yellow, then blue.  If blue only, does it
> imply a fault?

When I power on my HD-PVR 1212s I see the yellow status LED come on for
a second or so and then it will go out.  The blue power LED will then
come on and remain lit.  In cases where the yellow LED fails to light
I've never managed successful recordings.

My experience has been if the yellow LED doesn't come on at power up
then the HD-PVR's power supply/adapter has died.  A new power supply has
always fixed the problem (and hopefully will continue to do so).

-Dave