[mythtv-users] Mythtvbackend Setup Crashes

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Thu Nov 19 18:05:18 UTC 2015

I'm running mythbuntu 14.04 (0.27.5) with the latest updates.  For the
last couple of weeks, while I'm watching recordings, I get these window
popups (from apport I think) reporting that a service has crashed.  Each
time it is mythtvbackend setup that has crashed.  Why would
mythtvbackend setup even be running?  mythtvbackend - yes,
mythtvfrontend - yes, mythtvbackend setup - why?

Is there some bug in mythtvbackend setup introduced recently that is
causing this?  Do other users see this?  Why would mythtvbackend setup
even be running?

Jay